- 1 cup of whole grain flour
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut, toasted
1. Place coconuts shredding in a sauté pan on high heat. Toast coconut shredding till golden brown. 1-2 minutes.
2. Coconut oil should be melted in a pan on low heat. Until translucent.
Place together all dry ingredients (whole grain flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, and the pinch of salt) and whisk until uniform.
In a separate bowl, whisk together water, yogurt, and vinegar and let sit for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add egg and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to the wet ingredients, and whisk.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together. Only fold ingredients together until there are no lumps left.
Heat up a non stick skillet and pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into it. Then with a 2 oz ladle, pour batter onto skillet in 5 inch rounds. Flip the pancake after about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. After you flip, wait about 30 seconds to a minute and the pancake will be done.
In a separate pan, heat up raw honey (medium heat), stirring frequently for 1 minute. Plate pancakes and pour honey over the pancakes adding the shredded coconut and blueberries on top.