- 4 qt Coconut Milk
- 8 qt Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c. Minced Ginger
- 4 oz. Galangal Root, Sliced
- 3 tbs. Thai Chili Paste
- 3 tbs. Fish Sauce
- 1/2 c. Lime Juice
- 2 tbs. Salt
- 4 c. Shimeji Mushrooms
- 2 ct. Lemon Grass Stalks, cut 2” and Bruised
- 2 c. Large Diced white Onions
- 10 ct. Lime Leaves, Bruised
- 1 tbs. White Sugar.3 tbs. Sesame oil.
- Garnish with basil and cilantro.
Heat the sesame oil in a large stockpot until hot. Add the onions, ginger, bruised lime leaves, lemon grass pieces, shimegi mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes until the aroma of the herbs and spices become present.
Add the chicken broth, coconut cream and sugar. Allow to come to a slow boil, over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
Stir in the salt, limejuice, fish sauce and Thai chili paste. The taste profile should be hot sour and with a touch of sweet, which will bring out the coconut flavors.
Serve, garnish and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 60 mins