Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Jalapeno, sliced into rounds.
- ½ of a small white onion, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven 400 degrees. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil until very hot. While the pan is heating, slice the mushroom caps roughly ½ an inch thick. Drop them in the hot pan and sauté for 4-6 minutes until the mushrooms have begun to brown and release their moisture. Add the garlic and seasonings to the mushrooms along with the soy sauce. Sautee an additional minute until everything is mixed.
Place the tortillas on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the cheese on top of them. Spread the mushrooms over the cheese and bake on the lowest rack for 5-8 minutes until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, and avocado.