Chocolate and Coconut Popcorn
- 1 cups of heirloom popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, roasted
- 1 cup of dark chocolate
1. Roasting Coconut: Place coconuts shredding in a sauté pan on high heat. Toast coconut shredding till golden brown. 1-2 minutes.
2. Melting Chocolate: Use a double boiler, melt chocolate.
In a large pot, pour 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and place on a medium heat. Place 3 kernels into pot. Once all three kernels have popped, pour in the cup of kernels. Place a lid on the top of pot to let kernels heat up. Every 30 seconds shake the pot, so the kernels that are on the bottom don’t burn. When the popcorn starts to only pop every ten seconds, take off heat. Pour melted dark chocolate and coconut onto popcorn and mix.